Friday, April 20, 2007

Riding a Bike!



Well, the little sticker taught himself how to ride a bike today! He did have some idea of how to begin because several weeks ago, when the weather was nice El began working with him, but their lesson was cut short when Isaac went flying over his handle bars and split open his chin.

Today we went to visit the Longs and their 3 newly adopted Ethiopian children (yes, 3). I have to say that their children are so sweet! While we were there, Ty began riding a small two wheeler they had. I told him to stop and wait till Daddy came home and he could help him. While I was catching up on all of Kris' stories from their recent trip to Ethiopia Ty, pretending not to understand what I had said to him, continued riding. Before I knew it Kris told me to look at my son... and there he was riding right down the sidewalk! I have said it before, but I am still amazed at how determined that child is!

When we got home we took the training wheels off his bike and sure enough he went riding on down the street! He is so proud of himself. The joke is that when we started this adoption process Ty was 3 1/2 yrs. old and today I told my friends look at my 4 year old teaching himself to ride a bike! :-) We have found out that in Ethiopia they tend to fudge on the ages of the kids a little bit and so instead of having a 3-4 yr. old... I have two 5-6 year olds! Just what I have always wanted was a set of 5 year old boys! :-) You know though, that I wouldn't trade them for the world!



He loves pizza too!

No comments: