Monday, March 26, 2007

"I Love You"

Well, after a somewhat difficult day the Lord has a way of softening our hearts. Today we were running errands, Ty got a little upset because we weren't going to see El and we weren't going to play basketball (right away). He didn't want to go to the post office and grocery and he let me know. Thankfully, he doesn't throw fits but he will cry and won't look at me if I don't give him what he wants, so we work through that sometimes... and today was one of those times. He loves clothes and when we went to the store he was picking up different articles of clothing and asking if they were his. When I said no and told him to put it back he would stand there and cry. After several times we just had to leave the store, and I did finally take him to see El. Later in the evening, we were trying to go see a movie and I told all the kids to get in the car and he gets his bike and rides down the sidewalk. Now, I know what you all think, that he didn't understand me, but let me tell you he knew that I wanted them in the car. He even put his bike away and got in the car and then when I went in to get my purse he jumped out of the car and onto his bike and took off riding as fast as he could with Isaac running behind him and yelling at him to stop. He made it to the end of the street and stopped and got off his bike and ran all the way home, right past me and jumped back into the car and left Isaac to bring his bike home. I told you he was fitting right in!

So, as I was putting them to bed, we said prayers and I always hug him and Isaac and say, "I love you" and they always responds I love you right back. Tonight I was in a bit of a hurry and wasn't in the mood for lingering around, and as I was leaving the room and turning off the light I heard him say... "Mommy?" As I turned around, I saw him sitting there in his bed looking at me and then he said, "I love you". Boy, does God have a way of humbling us... you can only imagine how that made me feel to hear him say those words without beging prompted... I always wondered how long it would take for him to say those words without prompting...

Kara

3 comments:

Kris Long said...

Simply Awesome.

I can't wait.
Kris

CrazyD said...

What a nice snapshot from the day. Kids sure can be such a bundle of trouble and such a bundle of joy at the same time.

Swerl said...

What a beautiful moment. It's always those "surprises" that show our kids' good hearts, even through the occasional "bad" behavior.