Monday, May 7, 2007

NEW BIKE!!!

This weekend was probably one of Ty's best weekends! One of the things that my parents do for all the grandkids is to buy them each a new bike once they learn how to ride a two-wheeler. It's kind of like their "right of passage" into the big kids world. Well, this weekend Ty got to go and pick out his bike. I am not sure who was more excited.... Isaac or Ty. You see, all last week Ty was wanting to ride Isaac's bike... Ty wants to do EVERYTHING that Isaac does.... so it quickly turned into a bit of a problem because Isaac would share but then Ty would claim Isaac's bike as his own and go around saying, "Ty's bike....Ty's bike" which of course made Isaac go crazy! So once I told Isaac that Grandpa and Grandma were taking Ty this weekend to get his new bike and could he just be patient a few more days.... he was so excited and kept telling Ty about how he gets to get a new bike. Ty understood most of what Isaac was saying but unfortunately he didn't understand tomorrow. So Ty walked around asking me "Grandpa Grandma...Ty bike...now?" and all I could tell him was to wait. Finally, the day came and here are the pictures...

Isaac showing Ty how everything works on the bike!

Ty trying on his helmet.

Going home... he just kept asking "Ty's new bike ride?"

Surprisingly enough he didn't ask to sleep with his bike that night and he couldn't stash it in his "secret" drawer, but on Sunday morning they were out riding bikes while I was getting ready for church and as we were leaving, Ty said, "Bye, Ty's new bike".

This last picture is Isaac's and Ty's dream come true.... because their mother will NEVER allow them to ride a motorcyle... they got to sit on one! They loved it! They just don't understand why I am so unreasonable! Isaac did ask me once, "When you die, can I ride a motorcyle?" I told him no... for fear of my life! :-)

Well, I have to go because Ty has been standing right by me asking to ride his bike and he is becoming very impatient!
Kara

2 comments:

Julie said...

How fun! I'm sure we'll be seeing some great bike riding on Saturday night. Do you think Ty would let Big Jon ride his bike? I love the picture of Ty & Issac on the motorcycle -- Issac looks like a daredevil!

Kris Long said...

Great pictures, Kara! Those boys keep you HOPPIN! Send Kayla over here for some girl time!

Kris