This morning we were going through Ty's normal 1,000 questions of what we are doing today, tonight, tomorrow and if today is karate. He starts asking this list of questions first thing in the morning. As soon as I step into the kitchen, mind you. It's just one of those daily opportunities that a mom gets to practice patience!
He starts off with....
"What is today, Mom?" Then he answers his own question... "Right, it's Friday. Right?"
"Yes, Ty."
"Do I have school today?"
"What do you think, Ty?"
"Yes? Do I buy lunch today, Mom?"
"No, Ty, remember you buy once a week and you already bought lunch this week."
"Oh yeah, right. I forgot again." (I'm not so sure, but I let that go for another time)
"What are we doing after school, Mom?"
"All your cousins and some friends are coming over to play."
"Is it a party?"
"No, they're just coming over to play."
"I wish it was a party because I like parties."
"I know, just pretend it's a party."
Here El injects himself into the conversation and starts teasing Ty. "Ty, is that all you think about.... just going to parties all the time?"
Here Ty pauses for a moment and then replies, "That's why I came here, because of the parties!"
Forget food, shelter, clothes, safety! No, Ty came to have one big PARTY! I died laughing and I think he even caught El off guard too. He's turning into one regular little Smarty Pants!
No comments:
Post a Comment